Junk in your Home to get rid of Today
The main culprit causing clutter in everyone’s homes are the unnecessary junk we tend to hold onto. We always think we will need to use or re-purpose something in the future and we just never get around to actually doing it. To help you clear the clutter and get your home back, we at Spare Space Storage in Springville, UT have provided a list of items you need to toss, donate or store in one of our units.
- Old shoes can cause clutter and unpleasant odor in your closet. If you haven’t worn your old shoes in a while it may be time to throw them out. If your shoes are still in good shape consider donating them to a local Goodwill or Deseret Industries.
- Unworn clothing can also take up room in your closet that could easily be used to store the items you use every day. An easy way to tell if you haven’t worn clothing in a while is by starting a 3 or 6 month period with all of your hangers turned backwards. By the end of the set term you still have backwards hangers, take them out of your closet and toss, donate, or store them in your storage unit at Spare Space Storage in Springville, UT.
- Wedding invitations, while sentimental and beautiful, are items that should be considered for tossing out. Unless you have plans for creating a scrap book or a gift for a loved one, they should be placed in the recycling bin.
- Books can often take up a lot of space and collect a lot of dust. For avid readers, collecting books can be your decluttering downfall. Go through our books and see which ones you can donate, toss, or place in your storage unit. It is always best to keep what you are reading or plan to read and get rid of everything else.
- Duplicate kitchen accessories can take up a lot of needed cupboard space in your kitchen. Go through all of your kitchen accessories and keep what you use most often. Consider donating or storing the rest. If it is deemed unusable go ahead and toss it.
- Expired bills and coupons should be sorted through and thrown out. Piles of unused paper can easily clutter your office space or kitchen table. Sort through and keep only what is current.